Monday, April 21, 2014

Taking Back the Dark

Had a nice long weekend of gaming!  I spent Friday evening (8 to midnight) at the store hanging out and painting Irondrakes.  I followed it up with a 2000 pt game and finishing Irondrakes on Saturday (2ish to midnight)!  My Taking Back the Dark list (after the break) was utterly destroyed by the Dark Elves I faced (Dark Elf Sisters of Slaughter negate a lot of the advantages that Dwarfs get).

Irondrakes, The Red Embers


This was my first battle using my Taking Back the Dark list.  It is themed around the idea of going down into the lost mines, tunnels, and holds and slaying the foul beast that have taken up residence.  This weekend, I decided to try out Belegar Ironhammer (which I picked up to use as my Lord/Thane on Oathstone at a minimum).  He did pretty well, but in theory I could build a better Lord with Runic Weapons, Armor, and Talismans.

Lastly, this list had no Warmachines!  The army is down in tunnels it wants to retake.

1999 Pts - Dwarfs Roster - Taking back the Dark (2k)
  • Gromril and Fire
    • Belegar Ironhammer, 305 pts
    • Thane (Battle Standard Bearer), 193 pts
      • Banner of Lost Holds
    • Runesmith, 136 pts
      • Runic Talisman (Master Rune of Balance; Rune of Spellbreaking x1)
    •  22 Ironbreakers, 373 pts 
      • Ironbeard
      • Runic Standard (Rune of Stoicism)
    • 10 Irondrakes, 200 pts
      • Ironwarden, Trollhammer Torpedo
    • 10 Irondrakes, 200 pts
      • Ironwarden, Trollhammer Torpedo
  • Clan Support
    • Runesmith, 86 pts
      • Runic Talisman (Rune of Spellbreaking x1)
    • 10 Thunderers, 160 pts 
      • Veteran
      • Shields
    • 10 Thunderers, 160 pts 
      • Veteran
      • Shields
    • 12 Quarrellers, 186 pts
      • Veteran
      • Shields
Have to purchase some more models for it.  I already have a second box of Ironbreakers/Irondrakes and will need another one.  I still have to paint most of the characters, 10 Irondrakes, 10 Ironbreakers.  I also need to decide whether or not to update and what I should update.

Updates range from matching bases across all models to updating my old Ironbreakers with new shields (I have extra from the Irondrakes).  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment