Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Primaris and some Heresy

In Work Novamarines
A some painting during the past week and a weekend game of Horus Heresy

I have been steadily painting up nine more Primaris Novamarines for my 1,500 pt list.  I made need to add one more, to contribute to a recently opened store's collection of painted Marine models - we will see.

The Novamarine project is nearing its end with this last sprint.  There is the possibility of adding a Primaris Captain (vice the Captain in Gravis Armor), but I do not intend to add a unit of Reavers or a Dreadnaught.  The next 40k proper project is actually likely to be a Knight Paladin.  This will bring my current 40k efforts largely to a close.

I have been musing about a Ultramarines 1st Company around Marnus Calagar - but that is a distant project that will first ride on the backs of something like Cataphactii or Tartoros Terminators for my 30k Ultramarines.


In addition, on Saturday, I played a narrative game of Horus Heresy using the 8th edition Warhammer 40k fan made ruleset.  It was a lot of fun with my objective being to wipe out the initial Troops and HQ of the Sons of Horus to secure victory before 10 Justarians and Abaddon teleported in to wipe out my loyalist Warhounds!

Just before the Hammer falls

It was a lot of fun to setup a basic kill point mission and run against the clock of the Justarians arriving.  It was a very theme game to play.  I really like the opportunities that narrative+matched play affords.  My opponent is more than willing to play just fun games and see what happens.  It is also inspiring in terms of painting to play games.  Hopefully I get back to those Rapiers before too long.

I may end up adding to the World Eaters as well.  They are very different army to play and it would not be difficult to add some thematic units to them to bring them up to 1,500 pts (which makes 2,000 pts and beyond fairly in reach as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment