|Everything that came in the box!|
This was my first experience using magnets and thus I messed up on a ship, causing its turret to be "fixed-forward." This is likely how most people model their ships. Magnets allows the turrets to rotate through their full-fire arcs. Lastly, for ships which are largely static, it adds to the model allowing it to better show what the ship is doing (should the player choose).
|Turrets w/ magnet pairs attached|
After some trial and error, I finally settled on what you see at right.
- Choose an end of magnets to glue to turrets
- Separate two magnets from that end, mark the revealed end
- Glue unmarked end of a pair of magnets to a turret
- Allow glue to dry
- Insert magnets into turret hole, press down
|My Ragnarok Pocket Battleship as the turrets are added.|
If the magnet does not wedge into the ship
- Separate the two magnets
- Insert the free magnet marked-side-down into the hole
- If marked-side is visible, flip ship to let magnet fall out repeat 2
- Once the marked-side is not visible, press firmly to wedge in
- Flip ship to make sure the magnet does not fall out, repeat from 2 if it falls out.
Lastly, add the turret and flip the ship upside-down to see if the turrets fall off.
|1 of 2 Fafnir Class Light Sky Fortresses, turrets not falling off!|