Tuesday, June 27, 2017

M42 - Novamarines

On 17 June, the eighth edition of Warhammer 40,000 was released.  Alongside the release are new "bigger and better" Space Marines - Primaris Space Marines.  The starter box set for the game is an outstanding deal for anyone interested in either the Primaris or new Deathguard models and it includes the big Rulebook.

Instead of painting the Primaris as 3rd Company Ultramrines to fight alongside my existing 3rd Company, I decided to pursue a new Space Marine army.  I will likely add a small detachment of 3rd company Primaris in the future.  The difference gives me a a different scheme to paint.  However, at the same time, I wanted a direct connection back to the Ultramarines, and specifically, my 106th Company of Legion XIII.

In this case, my head cannon is the Novamarines 4th Company trace back their first members to the 106th Company of Legion Ultramarines.  The 4th Company returned to Ultramar and took up the defense of the sub-sectors its forebears defended in the Heresy and fought bravely on the despoiled garden world of Iax.

I will also be attempting to print my own transfers for chapter symbols, hopefully with great effect.

In Process of highlighting

No comments:

Post a Comment