Saturday, June 17, 2017

Roboute Guilliman

Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the XIII Legion, Ultarmarines
I completed Roboute Guilliman.

I was incredibly intimidated at the prospect of painting this model.  I was worried about doing justice to the incredible model and the character..

I have been playing Ultramarines for over two decades.  The story of Guilliman in the second edition Codex: Ultramarines appealed to twelve-year-old me.  I had been fascinated by the Roman Republic/Empire and story of Macragge and Guilliman paired right alongside that fascination.  The Horus Heresy material only added to my loyalty to the XIII, its Primarch, and what they represent in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

In my past few weeks of downtime, I have dedicated a few hours each day to painting some of my "back-log" of miniatures, as the past half dozen post show.   After finishing the Suzerains, which are highly detailed and have a lot of similar details to Guilliman, I planned to paint the miniature.

The main body did not present anything particularly new or challenging.  The marble effect was a new challenge for me and took multiple layers and attempts make it close to what I wanted.  I think it came out pretty well, not professional marble, but good.

More images...







No comments:

Post a Comment