Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Privateers of Barak-Mhornar

This weekend, I played three games of Age of Sigmar at 1,000 points.  My first game was Friday afternoon and following it I decided to abandon an army from the Free City of Tempest's Eye and instead focus on a Barak-Mhornar army/fleet.  The first game was against a Tzeentch army with a mix of demons and mortals and I felt that my army lacked synergy desperately needed for Kharadon Overlords to work or any of the other units in the army.  I dove at the center of his army and found my fire ineffective and my combat doubly so.

That evening, I decided to shift and wrote up the list.  The 1,000 pt army (960 pt) is the Battleforce (which I got on Saturday) plus a Navigator.  For my home port, Barak-Mhornar, the most flexible of the Baraks.

On Saturday, after constructing the Admiral, Navigator, and Gunhauler, I played two more games.  These were both part of a three month long event my FLGS is doing.  As such, here are versions of the logs I make in my Book of Grudges.


Aether fell from the sky!  Our navigator guided us to where it would land, only to find ourselves face to face with Seraphon.  This interruption in our prospecting would not go unopposed.  I ordered the ships to assault their right-flank and our guns destroyed their cavalry and winged units on the right.
 This however only allowed the massive Magmadroth-looking beast to charge us.  I dropped from our frigate, the Tempest's Mistress and charged the creature followed by Kilpford's Gang.  It slew a number of them with the last of their Skypikes slaying it only to have it disappear in a flash and reappear at a distance!  I charged and again slew the star-demon myself.
With what remained of my fleet, we assaulted a Frogmage (Slann) on the hill coordinating the collection of the fallen stars and slew it.  At that, his minions fled with the remaining Aether rocks leaving us to pick up the scraps of what was on the hill.
Admiral Franz Drakeslayer 
I made a bet on turn 1 of the game that did not pay off as the objectives appeared in the opposite direction.  My current approach with the army is to utilize my early speed to 1) focus my entire army on an unanchored flank of my adversary and work down it and 2) kill any dragons or similar creatures on the table.  That worked well, except it meant I was entirely out of place for scoring in the scenario.

The Aelfs decided to renegotiate the contract we had and I decided that I needed another Drake's skin!  The Aelf's charged at us, bringing their weight of numbers.  They overwhelmed Hawkjn's Spears and drug the Screening Harlot out of the sky, but they abandoned the prize!
 I sent the Mistress and Kilpford's Gang ahead under the command of Navigator Kouk to secure the payment and I jumped at the Drake and its rider!   I slew them and turned and charged the Harlot's oppressors.  Kilpford's Gang screened Kouk while he inspected the chest and charged in to the chariot.  The Mistress shifted to cover the Navigator.
Kilpford's Gang and I were surrounded and surrendered to the mass Aelf infantry.  We were exchanged for the Aelf Lord and drake's heart safely aboard the Mistress once the Navigator had secured the goods.
Admiral Franz Drakeslayer 

I also decided I need some personal objective markers, because I am not a fan of dice or generic counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment