Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Necromunda: Ma T and Grendlsen

Ma T, champion of Buck's Outriders
This past week I started to tackle various projects I have in my hobby queue.  Until today, many of the items I had planned to tackle were rounding out projects mostly done or single miniatures.  But projects finished - Orlock Champion #2, Ma T and the Squat Bounty Hunter, Grendl Grendlsen.

Ma T is a kit-bash of an Escher head and Orlock body.  It is not the cleanest conversion, but it works functionally.  The model was easy to paint the color palette was already clearly set by the other seven models.  She is sporting fancy hair, but is still mostly blonde with a spot of blue.  The blue is a nod to each Project Blue November, when my spouse dying her hair as part of Diabetes awareness.  Ma T is the avatar of my wife in Buck's Outriders.

I picked up Grendl Grendlsen at Warhammer World.  I have a disused fantasy Dwarf army and my Kharadron Overlords.  I could not pass up Grendl as I knew he would be good fun to paint and hopefully field at some point.

He as fun to paint over this past weekend and had me thinking about how to cross over the color scheme from my Kharadrons with the Orlocks.  I like the way he turned out and can image him making a wrong turn in the underhive, stepping through some Chaos portal and accidentally finding himself in Barak-Mhornar.

Grendl Grendlsen wearing Buck's yellow as trim

I also go in a game of Age of Sigmar on Saturday and fell to the temptation of Magic.  Perhaps more importantly, I settled on the Italian Co-Belligerent Army for Konflict '47 and will be crushing that project here in the next few weeks and hopefully getting a game or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment