Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Polish DANAs In-Work

Polish DANA, Afghanistan 2010
Polish DANA, Afghanistan 2010
This past weekend, I picked up two Team Yankee DANA SP 152mm Battery boxes and began assembly and construction.  The DANA is a domestically built Czechoslovakian artillery system developed in the 1970s.  The Poles bought them in the early 1980s and continue to use them even today (2019).

In my Team Yankee army, they are my first full artillery battery.  I expect the battery will be imposing and demand the attention of hostile air.  To this end, I expect they will fall under a not insignificant anti-air bubble of ZSUs and Gophers.  I am tempted to field a non-tank 50 point list in order to introduce the game's other mechanics to the rest of my FLGS's players.

I have enjoyed using the airbrush again to work on them, but it is another set of 15 mm vehicles.   It works really well for creating splotchy camouflage for vehicles. I will need to experiment on some 28 mm scale miniatures eventually.

Base Coated DANAs
I will hopefully have them complete before this weekend, just in case I have the opportunity to play in the 50 point round-robin set of games on Saturday.

Assembly shots after the break.


Cleaned prior to assembly

Assembled



No comments:

Post a Comment