Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Dakka Dakka Dakkajets! and Update

All the Dakkajets
Fourth Skwadron Boy
This past week I finished up three more Dakkajets - two aces and a fourth "normal" fighter.  I enjoyed the departure from the Skwadron Ace the most.  It gave me an opportunity to really play with the color pallet in a different way.  The Skwadron Ace is intended to be inspired by my Imperial Navy Thunderbolts and "copying" their yellow and blue scheme - so he can blend in.

 I also decided to paint up one of the Dakkajets as the named Ace - "Da Black Vulture."  I like the idea of an Ork list running multiple Aces and the scheme is an easy option as well as making it clear who "Da Black Vulture" is if I or my son decide to run him.

Skwadron Ace
Da Black Vulture
I am already most of the way done with the last two Fighta-Bombers, one of which will be a third Ork ace that will be able to stand in for the "Big Burna."  And with those two, I will round out my Ork Air Wing.  Following that I have two Marauders to assemble and paint.  At that point, I will be waiting for Taros to be available (ie once COVID restrictions are reduced) to expand my Imperial Navy Air Wing as well as add a Tau Expeditionary Air Wing!

It has been roughly a month since my family and I began self-isolating.   I think it is fair to say that I am lucky being a relatively introverted geek.  I think I have an argument that my schedule has gotten more full, between a backlog of plenty of miniatures to paint, no-more excuses from a geographically separated D&D group, and possibly adding another digital D&D game (for my son and his friends).

Thus far, the biggest negative impact for me is my kitchen-table is also now my work desk, in addition to being my hobby space.  There are some nights where I just can't stand being in the same 5 sq ft (0.5 m2) any more and land on the couch, away from the painting setup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment