Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Korsor Squadron

Korsor Squadron 1
On Sunday, I spent the afternoon painting up these five ships as my test of the fundamental scheme for my Kingdom of Denmark Naval Battlegroup.  These first five have the basic scheme.  I have gone without metallic paint in thus far.   These ships are mix of wood and metal all over, so everything is painted to minimize the impact of the sea (water, salt, etc lead to rust).

I have yet to seal them, but other than maybe marking them with a bright green strip to indicate their Battlegroup, they are complete.

Below are the steps I took to paint them.

Basing the Wood

Washing everything to show details

Painting the tiny windows

Brightening the wood

Smoke stacks and cannons painted black

Brightening the whole hull

Flying the Danish colors

No comments:

Post a Comment