Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Winning on Objectives

Slowly Advancing Death Guard
I played another game of Horus Heresy Zone Mortalis this weekend.  This time against a Death Guard.  In this instance, I ran Kharn and the Butchers as stand-ins for Loyalist World Eaters Praetor and Terminators.  It was another Pyrrhic victory, with just the Praetor and a single Rampager surviving, again.  I won by managing to keep the Death Guard from my deployment zone and rolling a six to end the game on turn 5.



MVP
The MVP of the game was definitely the Death Guard Mortis Dreadnaught with a pair of Kheres Assault Cannons and my inability to roll successfully.  Over the course of two turns, the Dreadnaught caused my two tactical squads to break and run, off the table.   My only actual success was my Praetor slaying three Grave Wardens and breaking the unit.

The ongoing failure of my World Eaters to achieve casualty success is rather annoying.  I am heavily considering investing in a Tactical Support Squad carrying Plasma Guns.

On the modeling/painting front, an Ultramarines squad is in work.  Taking on 10 Astrates is a bit of a task, right off the bat.


End of Turn 1 - Moving into Position

End of Turn 2 - One Tactical Squad Gone

End of Turn 3 - Positioning to Receive

End of Turn 4 - 2nd Tactical Squad Gone

End of my Turn 5 - Failed Charges

End of Turn 5 - Only one hostile unit in my deployment zone, 3 out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment