Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Failing against Angels and Demons

Capt Nuport of the Righteous Courtesan
This past week, I continued to work on painting up more of my Barak-Mhornar crewmen and on Saturday evening played two games.

I settled into the paint scheme and completed 9/10 Arkanauts.  I also steadily base coat more Duardin minis (including those on ships), getting them up to the state of the Skywardens.

Lastly, I assembled my second Arkanaut Company, Nuport's Mariners.  Capt Nuport carries anteruina axe of his ancestors.  He and his crew are aboard the Righteous Courtesan - ᛋ.

I also named out all the ships, characters, and units up to roughly 3000 points of minis (~1000 points in battalion warscrolls).


Right Shoulders
My two games Saturday night definitely challenged my army at 1,000 points.  The first scenario was "Knife to the Heart" against Stormcast Eternals.  I made the mistake of engaging his army in the middle of the table, vice plunging  after the objective deep in his territory.  This left me with no miniatures near either objective at the end of turn 3, thus losing the game.
Sigmar's angels denied us the payment left for our last enterprise!  Not only that, buy they took the goods we promised our cousin at Tempest's Eye.  They wrecked the Mistress and Harlot.
The worst part of all was that I was unable to brink any of the angels to combat!  Next we encounter these angels, I seek revenge and glory.
Admiral Drakeslayer
Left Shoulders
The second scenario was "Scorched Earth" against a force of Nurgle Demons.  The short version was that I was unable to successfully inflict causalities on the army and lacked the mobility and concentration of force to deny my opponent objectives or claim them myself.

Damned demons!  Foul beast would not give against our arms.  Too many of the crews lost to their plagued blades.   Hammers, axe, sword, pike, pistol, gatling, even cannon - the demons did not care!  No luck to be had in scorching the ground, the demon plague was too ingrained.  I must seek insight from some ally in challenging such filth.
Admiral Drakeslayer

No comments:

Post a Comment