Tuesday, July 30, 2019

On-Going Escher Effort

Last week I did not have an update as I went on travel for work Monday.  Over the past two weeks I have steadily getting paint on the Escher ladies.  They have been fun and different to paint, with lots of bright colors throughout and experimenting with contrast paints.
6 no-primer showing
I decided to do two things as I worked on them this weekend.  The first was to spend time on individual models; bouncing around on a model and fixing white areas and getting each gal worked on up to what would be traditionally called "based."  This let me focus on hunting down areas and feeling more "complete" with each model worked on.


Remaining individual attetntion
The second thing I did was decide to go over the relatively think layer of Fyreslayer Flesh with Cadian Fleshtone to lighten the skin back up from the double-contrast layer.  A layer of Fyreslayer would have been fine, but I was still learning how it works as a medium.

Lastly, my wife has been spending time working with the Kria The Huntress model, which will complete out the gang as a gift.

1 comment: